Master Chen Zhonghua Online Lesson on Jan. 28, 2021 - Kelvin Ho
Two power training exercises on BWAPM
- Touch the opponents arm, jerk with the elbow-in, if we get stuck, turn with waist.
- Next move. Place the left foot on opponent's knee and grab the opponent's arm, small elbow-in and small kick to the knee to jerk the opponent.
Rubber Cord Exercise:
- Tie the rubber cord on the wall.
- Make the rubber cord very strong so we cannot pull any longer using only the arms. The rubber cord has to be pulled so strongly that it can pull your whole body towards the wall if you let go a little bit.
- Figure out a different way to extend the rubber cord further.
The rubber cord exercise is to induce the idea that we need to go over threshold that normally is impossible to break. In push hands, we must start our move in a stuck position with the opponent, that somehow we do something that gives a shock to the opponent.
Fist movements need to come out of the mouth.