Master Chen Zhonghua Online Lesson on Oct. 29, 2020 - Kelvin Ho
Chinese ClassSeparation of Yin and Yang
- 先合后开 xian he hou kai - Together at first, separate later.
- How it separates, the rate it separates can be regulated later.
- e.g. Six Sealing Four Closing, Punch covering hand
We need both horizontal stretch and vertical stretch in the form. We focussed on using the kuas in the movements.
- Push the foot into the kua to kick start it. Movements need to be initiated by the kua.
High Pad on Horse
- Pull down with the kua, but don't allow the arm to go down. The armpit will open up and cause the arm to go up.
Rub right foot/Rub left foot
- Use the kua to initiate the turn. The torso must stay within the cylinder.
Buddha's Warriot Attendant Pound Mortar
- Initiate the rotation from the heel.
Kick left heel
- Make sure that there is a veritical rod, before we stretch the two arms and kick with left heel.
Punch to the ground
- Rotate the two kuas to cause the fist and torso to go down. The fist does not move.
- Use the kua to transition to Fist Drape Over Body.