Master Chen Zhonghua Online Lesson on Oct 22, 2020 - Kelvin Ho
We do our form in a low stance to train gong. When we use it, we don't go so low, because it is not agile enough.
Movements need to be big and long.
The kuas need to be just a bit higher than the knees.Just before Second Closing
- After Fetch Water, front hand and rear elbow must maintain a line/rod when we poke it through the hole at the knee.
Don't crunch together. We have stretch outwards all the time. Big has 3 solids, small still has 3 solids. 舒展大方。Bud (flower not open) is fine at that state. Full blossom is also beautiful. In between those two states, things are not done yet, something is not right.
Punch to the ground
- Only rotate inside a cylinder, and use the kuas to rotate, the punch goes down because of the knees.
- Precision made the difference. Things that are well made will not fall apart after many years.
Lock 99% of the body, and only 1% comes out. We must train to move one thing at a time, and not allow other unnecessary parts to move.
White Crane Spreads Its Wings
- Replace the right arm with the left arm on top of the left thigh
- Keep the left hand not moving during the step forward
- Lock the hand, move the body to the other side, and then lock the body, and move the hand.