Notes for Toronto Workshop Jan. 22-23, 2011
- 5 of 8 Features of Practical Method:
- Eye fixed on the target.
- Concave circle.
- In with elbow, out with hand.
- No dynamic power, only structure power.
- Half horse stand, one third, one third, one third
- Get your body into a line.
- Keep the invisible line of the triangle fixed.
- Double Fixed, Single Fixed (bi-folding door)
- shoulder - double fixed, hand - single fixed; elbow opens, and hand goes out along the line.
- rear foot - doubled fixed, hand - single fixed; shoulder gets into the line formed by rear foot and hand, hand goes out along the line.
- Train yourself to become a machine that simply repeats the same movement. No emotion. Stone faced.
- Stay on the wall with hand out in negative circle. The shoulder rotates down, and it will eventually push the hand up the wall up from the thigh.
- Do what are told only. People tend to do whatever they want until they are told not to. That is a bad habit.